Prostate Cancer Awareness
Join us as we celebrate Prostate Health Awareness Month! Watch this great PSA from Brian Custer and Evander Holyfield, care of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
1. One in seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year.
Prostate cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer death in men, second only to lung cancer.
2. Prostate cancer occurs mainly in older men. 6 in 10 cases are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older.
Some prostate cancer cases do occur in men younger than 40, but prostate cancer risk rises rapidly after age 50.
3. There will be about 220,800 new cases of prostate cancer diagnosed this year.
At least two men are diagnosed every 5 minutes.
4. 2.9 million men in the US who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.
Early diagnosis saves lives. Approximately 4 in 5 men are diagnosed in the local or regional stage of prostate cancer – nearly all of which are still alive five years after diagnosis.
* These statistics were provided by the American Cancer Society.