Leading MRI Coil Design, Refurb, & Repair.
ScanMed offers MRI coil engineering, manufacturing, repair and refurbishment. Our teams consists of the top engineers and MRI professionals in the industry, who lead our in-house product design and manufacturing. Our innovative MRI coils are multifunctional and bring more coverage and wide-spread clinical application with a higher signal-to-noise ratio. ScanMed is fully certified and FDA registered. Services are available for General Electric (GE), Siemens, Hitachi, Philips, Toshiba, Invivo, Medical Advances and MRI Devices MRI coils. Commitment to quality and service is our top priority.
September is National Prostate Health Month!
Time to break out your blue ribbons! National Prostate Health Month is here! Prostate Cancer Week is September 17-24. In honor and observance of this, ScanMed will be posting a weekly “Did You Know” segment about prostate cancer statistics and valuable resources.
1. One in seven men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year.
Prostate cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer death in men, second only to lung cancer.
2. Prostate cancer occurs mainly in older men. 6 in 10 cases are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older.
Some prostate cancer cases do occur in men younger than 40, but prostate cancer risk rises rapidly after age 50.
3. There will be about 220,800 new cases of prostate cancer diagnosed this year.
At least two men are diagnosed every 5 minutes.
4. 2.9 million men in the US who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.
Early diagnosis saves lives. Approximately 4 in 5 men are diagnosed in the local or regional stage of prostate cancer – nearly all of which are still alive five years after diagnosis.
* These statistics were provided by the American Cancer Society.